What is this course?
This is a 3-day, instructor-led, advanced course that covers the management-level concepts and core information relating to the supporting activities within CSI. Exam preparation is scenario-based which tests analytical skills.
ITIL® V3 CSI is a free-standing qualification but also part of the ITIL® Intermediate Lifecycle stream. Completion of each module earns 3 credits toward the ITIL® Expert certificate.
The purpose of each training is to impart, test and validate knowledge of best practices as documented in the ITIL® CSI publication.
Why take it?
Attendees can expect to gain competencies in the following areas:
- Introduction to CSI.
- CSI principles.
- CSI process.
- CSI methods and techniques.
- Organizing for CSI.
- Technology considerations.
- Implementing CSI.
- Challenges, critical success factors (CSFs) and risks.
Who should attend?
The target group for any ITIL® Intermediate Lifecycle course includes (but is not limited to):
- Chief information officers (CIOs).
- Chief technology officers (CTOs).
- IT professionals.
- Process owners and managers.
- Supervisory staff.
- Team leaders.
- Service designers.
- IT architects, planners and consultants.
- IT audit and security managers.
- Service test managers.
It is also relevent to those who:
- Require a detailed understanding of the CSI phase of the ITIL® service lifecycle and how it may be used to enhance the quality of IT service provision within a team.
- Have obtained the ITIL® Foundation certificate and wish to advance to higher-level certifications.
- Seek the ITIL® Expert certificate for which ITIL® Intermediate Level qualifications are a prerequisite.
- Seek progress toward the ITIL® Master certificate for which the ITIL® Expert Level qualification is a
Are there any prerequisites?
Attendees wishing to be trained and examined for this qualification must already hold the ITIL® Foundation certificate which must be presented as evidence to gain admission.
Attendees who hold the following ITIL® qualifications are also eligible:
- ITIL® V2 Foundation plus Foundation Bridge.
- ITIL® Expert certificate (achieved via Service Manager or Practitioner bridging routes).
It is recommended that attendees:
- Demonstrate familiarity with IT terminology and understand the context of each ITIL® Intermediate Lifecycle module within their environment.
- Have experience working in a service management capacity.
What courseware is provided?
Each student is provided with the printable e-book of SMME’s student manual consisting of presentation slides, corresponding notes and sample exam questions.
What does it take to get certified?
To obtain each ITIL® Intermediate Lifecycle certificate, attendees must pass an 8-question, 90-minute, scenario-based, gradient-scored, multiple-choice exam. The exam is included in the course fee.
The passing score is 70% or 28 out of 40 marks must be correct.
Certification can be valuable to teams because it:
- Demonstrates proven proficiency.
- Reflects professional and personal achievement.
- Offers greater recognition from peers.
- Builds self-esteem.
- Increases the likelihood of cooperation and buy-in.
Where can I book it?
ITIL® V3 CSI (Continual Service Improvement) > VIRTUAL