What is this course?
The ITIL 4 Managing Professional transition module is designed to allow ITIL v3 candidates who have already invested to easily transition across to ITIL 4. They can gain the designation of ITIL 4 Managing Professional via one course and one exam. The transition module enables candidates to recognise their previous achievements while still gaining the up-to-date skills and knowledge needed to navigate the digital service economy.
The module will provide information on the key elements of the following modules from ITIL 4 Managing Professional:
- Introduction and overview of the new key concepts found in ITIL 4
- ITIL 4 Specialist Create, Deliver and Support (CDS): understand how to integrate different value streams and activities to create, deliver and support IT-enabled products and services, and relevant practices, methods and tools
- ITIL 4 Specialist Drive Stakeholder Value (DSV): understand all types of engagement and interactions between a service provider and their customers, users, suppliers and partners, including key CX, UX and journey mapping concepts
- ITIL 4 Specialist High Velocity IT (HVIT) : understand the ways in which digital organizations and digital operating models function in high velocity environments
- ITIL 4 Strategist Direct Plan and Improve (DPI): acquire practical skills necessary to create a ‘learning and improving’ IT organization, with a strong and effective strategic direction.
Why take ITIL4 MPT?
The purpose of the ITIL 4 Managing Professional Transition Examination is to assess whether the candidate can demonstrate sufficient understanding and practical application of the concepts covered in the following ITIL 4 Core publications to be awarded the designation ITIL 4 Managing Professional.
It is designed to allow ITIL v3 candidates who have already invested to easily transition across to ITIL 4 and validate this with the ITIL4 Managing Professional certificate via one course and one exam.
Who should attend ITIL4 MPT?
ITIL V3 Experts or ITIL professionals
- who want to gain the up-to-date skills and knowledge needed to navigate the digital service economy
- who want to transfer easily to ITIL4
- who want to validate their knowledge of ITIL4 with the ITIL4 Managing Professional certification
- who want to do this via one course instead of going throught the whole certification track of ITIL4
Are there any prerequisites?
Candidates need to be ITIL V3 Expert or professionals with a minimum of 17 ITIL v3 certification credits.
You can still continue to collect your v3 Intermediate or Practitioner credits to enable you to be eligible to take the transition module. If you need extra credits, check our training calendar for ITIL V3 certification or contact us if you need help.
What courseware is provided?
Each attendee is provided with a digital printable version of SMME's ITIL Managing Professional Transition student manual consisting of presentation slides, corresponding notes and sample exam questions.
What does it take to get ITIL4 MPT certified?
To obtain the ITIL4 Managing Professional certificate, attendees must pass a 40-question, 90-minute, multiple-choice exam. The passing score is 70% or 28 out of 40 questions must be correct.
The exam voucher is included in the course fee.