What is PRINCE2® Foundation & The Challenge of Egypt?
This Foundation qualification confirms the attendees' knowledge and understanding of the PRINCE2® method which enables working effectively with, or as a member of, a project management team.
It is also a prerequisite for the PRINCE2® Practitioner qualification.
The Challenge of Egypt Business Simulation: the ancient Egyptians built enormous structures in a fairly short time. Millions of stones had to go to the right place and tens of thousands of people had to work as efficiently and effectively as possible. Furthermore, the process was continually subject to the changing demands of the pharaoh, the weather, diseases, wars, etc. This cannot be done without proper project management.
A Prince2 certification training will give you a good view on the best practices framework and will give you a translation to day-to-day work. This 'The Challenge of Egypt' business game is a learning-by-doing workshop in which teams of work on challenging issues within a simulated environment. Each participant will play a role and has specific tasks, responsibilities and authority. The facilitator will provide support and instructions and helps the team reflect on their experiences and what they have learned.
Scenario: During the fourth dynasty in ancient Egypt, work on Cheops' pyramid has to be started. Egypt was one of the most important civilisations of that time, and structures are built alongside the Nile that would continue to astonish people for millenia to come. How could the Egyptians do this? In The Challenge of Egypt you are going to build a pyramid yourself. to do that, you are going back in time and you will meet the pharaoh. He has given his vizier Hainunu instructions to build a pyramid, so that he can make the journey to the hereafter along with everything that is precious to him. It is your responsibility to get the job done. You will have to set up a project organisation, analyse the risks and create a plan.
Why take it?
Attendees will understand the structure and key terminology of the PRINCE2® method, specifically the:
- characteristics and context of a project and the benefits of adopting PRINCE2®.
- purpose of the PRINCE2® roles, management products and themes.
- PRINCE2® principles.
- purpose, objectives and context of the PRINCE2® processes.
The 'The Challenge of Egypt' Business Simulation' will help you:
- setting up a project organisation (with roles, tasks and responsibilities)
- analysing the project risks and finding countermeasures
- carrying out work packages in the role of team leader and monitoring progress
- monitoring the tolerances (budget, time, scope and quality)
- resolving project issues
- dealing with changes
- dealing with the project board
- evaluating a project
- managing the project as a project manager
- apply project management best practices
- get more out of your Prince2 training
The learning objectives are dependent upon what you or your organization are trying to achieve, where you are on your project management journey and the problems and issues you are trying to solve.
Who should attend?
This qualification is aimed at current and aspiring project managers.
It is also relevant to other key staff involved in the design, development and delivery of projects including:
- Project board members (such as senior responsible owners).
- Team managers (such as product delivery managers).
- Project assurance (such as business change analysts).
- Project support (such as project and program office personnel)
- Operational line managers and staff.
Anyone who wants to learn more about Project Management (f.e. Prince2) in a learning-by-doing environment.
The training is available as in house for teams or as a public training for individuals.
Are there any prerequisites?
There are no prerequisites but it is suggested that attendees have some experience in a project environment.
The learning objectives are dependent upon what you are trying to achieve or what your background is. The Prince2 training you will apply the theory in this business simulation and you will learn by solving problems and issues. If project management is new to you, the 'The Challenge of Egypt' business simulation will give you the basics and will let you experience how f.e. Prince2 can be used to improve project management.
What material is provided?
Each attendee is provided with pre-course materials and hard copies of SMME's PRINCE2® Foundation student manual consisting of presentation slides, corresponding notes and 150 sample exam questions and we will provide all the material you need for the 'The Challenge of Egypt' Business Simulation.
What does it take to get certified?
To obtain the PRINCE2® Foundation certificate, attendees must pass a 75-question, 60-minute, multiple-choice exam. Five random questions are selected for trial purposes and will not be scored. Therefore, the passing score is 50% or 35 out of 70 questions must be correct. The exam is included in the course fee.
Certification can be valuable to teams because it:
- demonstrates proven proficiency.
- reflects professional and personal achievement.
- Offers greater recognition from peers.
- builds self-esteem.
- increases the likelihood of cooperation and buy-in.
Where can I book it?
PRINCE2® Foundation & The Challenge of Egypt