What is this course?
In most organizations, every business and technical domain speaks its own language, draws its own models, and uses its own techniques and tools. Communication and decision making across domains, necessary for business change, is thus seriously impaired. Just like an architectural drawing in classical building architecture describes the various aspects of the construction and use of a building, ArchiMate offers a common language for describing the construction and operation of business processes, organizational structures, information flows, IT systems, and technical infrastructure. This insight helps stakeholders to design, assess, and communicate the consequences of decisions and changes within and between these business domains.
The purpose of certification for ArchiMate 3.0 Foundation is to provide validation that the Candidate has gained knowledge of the notation, terminology, structure, and concepts of the ArchiMate modeling language. The learning objectives at this level focus on knowledge and comprehension.
Why take it?
Individuals certified at this level will have demonstrated their understanding of:
- The basic concepts and key terminology of Enterprise Architecture and the ArchiMate language
- The principles and core concepts underlying the ArchiMate core language and extensions
- The concepts from the ArchiMate layers and extensions
- The ArchiMate relationships
- The ArchiMate views and viewpoints
- Adapting the ArchiMate language
- The ArchiMate certified tools to support modeling and analysis
- The relationship of the ArchiMate modeling language to other languages and frameworks
Who should attend?
This training is aimed at people who want to know what ArchiMate is, or who want to use ArchiMate. This includes (but is not limited to) business-, enterprise- and IT-architects, IT-managers, consultants and project managers.
- Individuals who require a basic understanding of the ArchiMate modeling language
- Professionals who are working in roles associated with an architecture project and who need to understand architecture artifacts developed using the ArchiMate modeling language
- Individuals who want to achieve a recognized qualification to demonstrate their knowledge of the ArchiMate modeling language
Are there any prerequisites?
Participants should be somewhat familiar with enterprise architecture, either acquired by working in projects, or by following enterprise architecture or TOGAF® training.
Experience with modeling (for example, UML) is beneficial.
What does it take to get certified?
To obtain the Archimate® 3.0 Foundation certificate, attendees must pass a 40-question, 60-minute, multiple-choice exam.
The passing score is 60% or 24 out of 40 questions must be correct. A Pearson Vue exam voucher is included in the course fee.
Where can I book it?
Modeling language for Enterprise Architecture Level 1 - with ArchiMate®