What is this course?
This is a 3-day, instructor-led, entry-level course for teams who need an insight into the key elements, concepts and terminology used in the ITIL® service lifecycle. The stages of this lifecycle include:
- Service Strategy
- Service Operation
- Service Design
- Continual Service Improvement (CSI)
- Service Transition
Attendees also grasp the linkages between lifecycle stages, the processes and functions used and their contribution to IT service management (ITSM) practices.
Why take it?
Teams can expect to gain a general overview and understanding of ITIL®. Key topics include:
- Reasons why an organization should follow ITIL® best practices.
- The organizational impact of a best practice implementation.
- ITIL® terminology and definitions.
- Adopting and adapting ITIL® principles.
- The benefits and pitfalls of a best practice implementation.
- ITIL® success stories.
The ITIL® Foundation certificate fulfills the prerequisities for moving up to the intermediate level.
Who should attend?
This certification is open to anyone who has an interest in the subject. It is primarily aimed towards attendees who:
- Require a basic understanding of the ITIL® Framework.
- Need an understanding of how ITIL® can be used to enhance the quality of ITSM within a team.
- Work within a team that has adopted and adapted ITIL® and need to be informed about, or contribute to, an ongoing service improvement program.
Are there any prerequisites?
There are no mandatory prerequisities although experience in IT or related fields is beneficial.
What courseware is provided?
Each attendee is provided with hard copies of SMME's ITIL® Foundation student manual consisting of presentation slides, corresponding notes and 80 sample exam questions.
What does it take to get certified?
To obtain the ITIL® Foundation certificate, attendees must pass a 40-question, 60-minute, multiple-choice exam. The passing score is 65% or 26 out of 40 questions must be correct. The exam is included in the course fee.
Certification can be valuable to teams because it:
- Demonstrates proven proficiency.
- Reflects professional and personal achievement.
- Offers greater recognition from peers.
- Builds self-esteem.
- Increases the likelihood of cooperation and buy-in.
Where can I book it?
ITIL® Foundation French