What is CRISC®?
CRISC® is the most current and rigorous assessment available to evaluate the risk management proficiency of IT professionals within an enterprise or financial institute.
Those who earn CRISC® help enterprises to understand business risk and have the technical knowledge to implement appropriate information system controls. Some of the focus areas include:
- Risk identification, assessment and evaluation.
- Risk response.
- Risk monitoring.
- Information system control design and implementation.
- Information system control monitoring and maintenance.
Where did CRISC® come from?
Introduced in 2010, the CRISC® designation is designed for IT and business professionals who identify and manage risks through the development, implementation and maintenance of appropriate information system controls. More than 16,000 professionals have earned the CRISC® designation since its inception.
ISACA draws on a global network of leading professionals to develop its certification programs. With access to experts around the world, ISACA is defining how IT risk is managed in current and future business environments.
Who is CRISC® for?
The CRISC® credential is designed for:
- IT professionals.
- Risk professionals.
- Control professionals.
- Business analysts.
- Project managers.
- Compliance professionals.
CRISC® certification brings professionalism to any organization by demonstrating a quantifiable standard of knowledge, pursuing continuing education and adhering to a standard of ethical conduct established by ISACA. CRISC® employees:
- Build greater understanding about the impact of IT risk and how it relates to the overall organization.
- Assure development of more effective plans to mitigate risk.
- Establish a common perspective and language about IT risk that can set the standard for the enterprise.
What online resources are available for CRISC®?
The ISACA web site provides useful information on preparing for the CRISC® exam including preparation resources, certification job practice, terminology and study materials.
Click here for more information.
What is the CRISC® course roadmap?
CRISC® bootcamp for individuals or teams.
At least 3 years of experience as a risk management professional is required for certification.