What is this course?
ISO / IEC 20000 is the international standard for IT Service Management (ITSM). It establishes requirements and provides the details of the system management services (Service Management System) required to deliver quality IT services agreed with the users, together with guidance on how to demonstrate compliance to the standard.
At the Practitioner level, the candidate reaches a level of knowledge of ISO / IEC 20000 and its application enough to support organizations that want to acquire or maintain ISO/IEC 20000 certification.
The courses cover Parts 1 -5 of the Standard and include detailed examination of each part, discussions, exercises and exam practice.
Why take it?
Participants of this course will learn:
- How to assist and advise organizations in the achievement of conformance to ISO/IEC 20000-1 and certification.
- How to explain and advise on issues regarding applicability and scope definition.
- Explain the use of technology and tools to support the implementation and improvement of an SMS, the achievement of certification and the on-going demonstration of conformity to ISO/IEC 20000-1.
- How to produce and assess a gap analysis supported by an improvement and implementation plan.
- Understand, create, apply and evaluate a service management plan including the service management policy and objectives.
- Understand, create, apply and evaluate processes, procedures, process specific plans and process specific policies required by ISO/IEC 20000-1.
- Assist, advise and assess organizations on the implementation of continual improvement processes.
Who should attend?
Practitioners, managers and consultants involved in an SMS implementation and/or on-going activities based on ISO/IEC 20000.
Are there any prerequisites?
A candidate must hold one of the following certifications to qualify to sit the Practitioner examination:
- The APMG ISO/IEC 20000 Foundation, or
- The BCS ISO/IEC 20000 Foundation, or
- ITIL Foundation
What courseware is provided?
Every participant will receive a printable e-book of the slides and mock exams. A digital copy of the Standard part 1 and Pocket Guide are included.
What does it take to get certified?
To obtain the ISO20000 Practitioner certificate, attendees must pass a 4-question, 3 hours, complex multiple-choice exam. The passing score is 50% or 40 out of 80 available marks.
The exam is open book, a copy of Part 1 is permitted.
Where can I book it?
ISO/IEC 20000 Practitioner