What is this course?
This is a 3-day, instructor-led, advanced course that covers the management-level concepts and core information relating to the supporting activities within CSI. Exam preparation is scenario-based which tests analytical skills.
ITIL® CSI is a free-standing qualification but also part of the ITIL® Intermediate Lifecycle stream. Completion of each module earns 3 credits toward the ITIL® Expert certificate.
The purpose of each training is to impart, test and validate knowledge of best practices as documented in the ITIL® CSI publication.
Why take it?
Attendees can expect to gain competencies in the following areas:
- Introduction to CSI.
- CSI principles.
- CSI process.
- CSI methods and techniques.
- Organizing for CSI.
- Technology considerations.
- Implementing CSI.
- Challenges, critical success factors (CSFs) and risks.
Who should attend?
The target group for any ITIL® Intermediate Lifecycle course includes (but is not limited to):
- Chief information officers (CIOs).
- Chief technology officers (CTOs).
- IT professionals.
- Process owners and managers.
- Supervisory staff.
- Team leaders.
- Service designers.
- IT architects, planners and consultants.
- IT audit and security managers.
- Service test managers.
It is also relevent to those who:
- Require a detailed understanding of the CSI phase of the ITIL® service lifecycle and how it may be used to enhance the quality of IT service provision within a team.
- Have obtained the ITIL® Foundation certificate and wish to advance to higher-level certifications.
- Seek the ITIL® Expert certificate for which ITIL® Intermediate Level qualifications are a prerequisite.
Seek progress toward the ITIL® Master certificate for which the ITIL® Expert Level qualification is a
Are there any prerequisites?
Attendees wishing to be trained and examined for this qualification must already hold the ITIL® Foundation certificate which must be presented as evidence to gain admission.
Attendees who hold the following ITIL® qualifications are also eligible:
- ITIL® V2 Foundation plus Foundation Bridge.
- ITIL® Expert certificate (achieved via Service Manager or Practitioner bridging routes).
It is recommended that attendees:
- Demonstrate familiarity with IT terminology and understand the context of each ITIL® Intermediate Lifecycle module within their environment.
- Have experience working in a service management capacity.
What courseware is provided?
Each student is provided with hard copies of SMME’s student manual consisting of presentation slides, corresponding notes and 16 sample exam questions.
What does it take to get certified?
To obtain each ITIL® Intermediate Lifecycle certificate, attendees must pass an 8-question, 90-minute, scenario-based, gradient-scored, multiple-choice exam. The exam is included in the course fee.
The passing score is 70% or 28 out of 40 marks must be correct.
Certification can be valuable to teams because it:
- Demonstrates proven proficiency.
- Reflects professional and personal achievement.
- Offers greater recognition from peers.
- Builds self-esteem.
- Increases the likelihood of cooperation and buy-in.
Where can I book it?
ITIL® Continual Service Improvement (CSI)
Charmaine's communication with me was very good and especially useful.TriangleTrikkur S.Bahrain Petroleum Company02/2013 Dubai, UAE