What is this course?
This is a 5-day, instructor-led, capstone course that gives attendees the skills to support an organization’s service delivery by bridging the ITIL® service lifecycle stages. ITIL® processes and practices, as learned from the Lifecycle and Capability modules at the Intermediate Level, are put into the context of delivering customer value.
ITIL® MALC focuses on strategizing, planning, using and measuring ITIL® practices in an integrated functioning model including how to:
- Integrate the service lifecycle stages as a whole.
- Establish process integration and interfaces.
- Share data, information and knowledge.
Exam preparation is scenario-based which tests analytical skills. The resulting qualification, ITIL® Expert, demonstrates that attendees have learned the importance of one combined IT service management discipline (as opposed to separate subject areas).
Why take it?
Attendees can expect to gain competencies in the following areas:
- Key concepts of the service lifecycle.
- Communication and stakeholder management.
- Integrating service management processes across the service lifecycle.
- Managing services across the service lifecycle.
- Governance and organization.
- Implementing and improving service management capability.
Who should attend?
The target group for the ITIL® MALC course includes (but is not limited to):
- Chief information officers (CIOs).
- IT managers, supervisors and professionals.
- IT operations and development practitioners.
It is also relevent to those who:
- Require a business- and management-level understanding of the ITIL® service lifecycle and how it may be used to enhance the quality of IT service provision within an organization.
- Seek the ITIL® Expert certificate for which this qualification is the final mandatory module.
Seek progress toward the ITIL® Master certificate for which the ITIL® Expert Level qualification is a
Are there any prerequisites?
Attendees wishing to be trained and examined for this qualification must already hold the ITIL® Foundation certificate (worth 2 credits) and, at a minimum, have obtained another 15 credits at the Intermediate Level (for a total of 17).
Attendees who hold the ITIL® Expert certificate (achieved via Service Manager or Practitioner bridging routes) are also eligible.
It is recommended that attendees:
- Demonstrate familiarity with IT terminology and understand the context of the entire ITIL® service lifecycle within their environment.
- Have experience working in a service management capacity.
What courseware is provided?
Each student is provided with hard copies of SMME’s student manual consisting of presentation slides, corresponding notes and 20 sample exam questions.
What does it take to get certified?
To obtain the ITIL® Expert certificate, attendees must pass a 10-question, 120-minute, scenario-based, gradient-scored, multiple-choice exam. The exam is included in the course fee.
The passing score is 70% or 35 out of 50 marks must be correct.
Certification can be valuable to teams because it:
- Demonstrates proven proficiency.
- Reflects professional and personal achievement.
- Offers greater recognition from peers.
- Builds self-esteem.
- Increases the likelihood of cooperation and buy-in.
Where can I book it?
ITIL® Managing Across the Lifecycle (MALC)
Finbarr is extremely experienced, it shows in the way he explains and makes you see what's factTriangleJoeriSogeti10/2015 Leuven
Finbarr is a fantastic instructor who makes learning a pleasurable experience.TriangleStephen KellyGBM06/03/2015 Dubai, UAE
SMME is the best training organization I have worked with in my 28 years in IT.TriangleStephen KellyGBM06/2015 Dubai, UAE
Finbarr is super instructor. Talks to the point and has extensive experience.TriangleMuhammad Asim RaoPresidential Flight06/2015 Dubai, UAE