What is this course?
This Foundation qualification certifies attendees' knowledge of Lean IT terminology as well as its core principles, structure and basic concepts. It enables the holders of the certificate to apply Lean IT practices under the guidance of a Lean expert.
Lean IT Foundation has been awarded 0.5 credits of the 6 complementary credits available to put toward ITIL® Expert certification.
Why take it?
By the end of the course, attendees will get:
- An insight into what Lean IT can mean to an organization.
- Acquainted with the use of several Lean IT analytical tools.
- An understanding of how to apply the Lean philosophy in an IT environment.
Who should attend?
Those who wish to:
- Apply Lean IT practices to provide insight into IT processes and their effect on business performance.
- Understand the customer experience while identifying the cause of problems.
- Identify and reduce non-value added activity.
- Streamline and automate IT processes to lessen costs and risks.
Are there any prerequisites?
There are no mandatory prerequisites although experience with ITIL® processes is beneficial.
What courseware is provided?
Each attendee is provided with pre-course material and SMME's Lean IT Foundation student manual consisting of presentation slides and 50 sample exam questions.
What does it take to get certified?
To obtain the Lean IT Foundation certificate, attendees must pass a 40-question, 60-minute, multiple-choice exam. The passing score is 26 out of 40 questions must be correct. The exam is included in the course fee.
Certification can be valuable to teams because it:
- Demonstrates proven proficiency.
- Reflects professional and personal achievement.
- Offers greater recognition from peers.
- Builds self-esteem.
- Increases the likelihood of cooperation and buy-in.
Where can I book it?
LITA Lean IT Foundation