What is this course?
This is a 2-day certification course, including an exam voucher to take the exam in your own time (counted as 0,5d).
The PRINCE2 Practitioner certification confirms the attendees' understanding of how to apply and tailor PRINCE2® to a particular scenario. A successful Practitioner should be able to start applying the PRINCE2® method to a real project.
This PRINCE2 training, coupled with their individual project management expertise, the complexity of the project and support provided in their work environment will all be factors that impact a Practitioner's success.
Why take it?
Attendees will acquire the skills needed to tailor PRINCE2 to a project within their organizational environment. Specifically attendees will:
- Understand the relationships between the roles, management products, principles, themes, techniques and processes of PRINCE2.
- Be able to apply principles, themes and processes to a project.
- Be able to create and assess management products.
Who should attend?
Prince2 Practitioner Certification is aimed at current and aspiring project managers.
It is also relevant to other key staff involved in the design, development and delivery of projects including:
- Project board members (such as senior responsible owners).
- Team managers (such as product delivery managers).
- Project assurance (such as business change analysts).
- Project support (such as project and program office personnel)
- Operational line managers and staff.
Are there any prerequisites?
Attendees wishing to be trained and examined for this qualification must already hold the PRINCE2® Foundation certificate which must be presented as evidence to gain admission.
It is also suggested that attendees have some experience in a project environment.
What courseware is provided?
Each attendee is provided with the Official PRINCE2® Manual as well as pre-course materials and hard copies of SMME's PRINCE2® Practitioner student manual consisting of presentation slides, corresponding notes and 2 sample exam scenarios.
What does it take to get certified?
To obtain the PRINCE2 Practitioner certificate, attendees must pass an 8-question (10 marks per question), 150-minute, multiple-choice exam. The passing score is 55% or 44 out of 80 marks must be earned. This is an open-book exam (using the official PRINCE2® manual only). A Peoplecert exam voucher is included in the fee.
Certification can be valuable to teams because it:
- Demonstrates proven proficiency.
- Reflects professional and personal achievement.
- Offers greater recognition from peers.
- Builds self-esteem.
- Increases the likelihood of cooperation and buy-in.
Where can I book it?
PRINCE2® Practitioner - 6th edition
Chris made sure the material was not boring and constantly pointed out exam hints and tips. Thanks!TriangleFiona F.Control Risks10/2012 Dubai, UAE