What is this course?
This highly interactive, two-day course focuses on the basics of the Scrum framework including team roles, activities and artifacts. It allows you to experience first-hand what it is like to be part of a Scrum team.
Arrive ready to face the challenges every ScrumMaster encounters and leave with the knowledge of how to handle them. You will learn the "what, why and how" of Scrum and be equipped to successfully apply it.
Attendance of a two-day ScrumMaster Certification course, taught by a Certified Scrum Trainer, is required for taking the Certified ScrumMaster exam. Passing results in the designation of Certified ScrumMaster from the Scrum Alliance.
Why take it?
Scrum is about collaborating and communicating both with the people who are doing the work and the people who need that work done. It is about delivering often and responding to feedback, so that your clients get what they truly need.
Scrum is also a way to prioritize large “to do” items into manageable chunks of work. Gain an understanding of Scrum principles so you can:
- Participate actively as a Scrum team member.
- Deliver a successful Scrum project.
- Explain and sell Agile and the Scrum framework to other key stakeholders.
- Define and use the full range of Agile and Scrum artifacts (product and sprint backlogs, increment and burndown charts).
- Setup and facilitate Scrum meetings (release and sprint planning, daily Scrum, sprint reviews and retrospectives).
- Understand how to employ Scrum in real-world circumstances such as distributed Scrum teams, fixed price contracts and third party supplier relationships.
- Understand how to combine the use of Scrum with other Lean and Agile approaches such as Kanban, eXtreme Programming and Agile Project Management.
Scrum will change the way you do business and approach your day-to-day activities. Changing will not be easy. There will be pain. There will be adjustments. But once you have moved to a more agile way of working, your world will truly be transformed.
Who should attend?
This course is appropriate for team members, stakeholders, managers, product owners and anyone who wants to understand what Agile and Scrum are all about.
Are there any prerequisites?
Though no Agile experience is required, some experience managing projects is helpful.
What courseware is provided?
Each attendee is provided with electronic copies of the course materials handbook and other reference documentation.
What does it take to get certified?
Participants who complete the two-day course will be required (within 90 days) to take an online, 35-question, 60-minute, multiple-choice exam. To pass, 24 out of 35 answers must be correct. The exam is included in the course fee.
Upon passing, you will receive official designation as a Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) along with a two-year membership of the Scrum Alliance.
Certification can be valuable to teams because it:
- Demonstrates proven proficiency.
- Reflects professional and personal achievement.
- Offers greater recognition from peers.
- Builds self-esteem.
- Increases the likelihood of cooperation and buy-in.
Where can I book it?
Certified Scrum Master
The course was presented in a simple and effective manner. The instructor was very knowledgeable.TriangleMohammed F.Alfahim12/2012 Dubai, UAE
The instructor knew the subject matter profoundly. I would definitely recommend him for a future course.TriangleYasir K.Abu Dhabi Judicial Department10/2012 Dubai, UAE
I enjoyed David's presentation style. Questions were a bit chaotic but he took a real interest in individual cases.TriangleSebastian R.Dubizzle10/2012 Dubai, UAE
Overall, a great performance by the instructor who had real-world experience. Well appreciated!TriangleMichael T.Numberz09/2012 Leuven, Belgium
David had very good practical experience and showed a lot of enthusiasm while teaching.TriangleLuc W.@YourSite Consultancy Services09/2012 Leuven, Belgium
David really speaks from experience. After the course, I felt like implementing Scrum ASAP at work.TriangleGeert R.Kontent09/2012 Leuven, Belgium