What is TOGAF Foundation course?
TOGAF Foundation imparts knowledge of the terminology, structure, basic concepts and core principles of the TOGAF enterprise architecture framework.
Many examples of architecture deliverables and artifacts are provided throughout the TOGAF course.
Why take it?
Attendees certified at this TOGAF Foundation level will have demonstrated their understanding of the:
- Basic concepts of enterprise architecture and TOGAF.
- Core concepts of TOGAF.
- Key terminology.
- Architecture development method (ADM) cycle, the objectives of each phase and how to define a scope and adapt it.
- Enterprise continuum, its purpose and constituent parts.
- The ADM guidelines and techniques.
- Key deliverables of the ADM cycle.
- Concepts of views and viewpoints and their role in communicating with stakeholders.
- Concept of building blocks.
- TOGAF reference models.
- TOGAF certification program.
This course also looks at how:
- Each of the ADM phases contributes to the success of enterprise architecture.
- Architecture governance contributes to the ADM.
Who should attend TOGAF Foundation?
It is primarily for:
- Individuals who require a basic understanding of TOGAF.
- Professionals who are working in roles associated with an enterprise architecture project such as planning, execution, development, delivery and operation.
- Architects who are looking for an introduction to TOGAF.
- Those who want to achieve TOGAF Certified certification (Level 2).
Are there any prerequisites?
There are no formal prerequisites. It is recommended that attendees have some experience in the business and/or IT domain.
What courseware is provided?
Each attendee is provided with the TOGAF Foundation student manual consisting of presentation slides.
What does it take to get TOGAF Foundation certified?
To obtain the TOGAF Foundation (Level 1) certificate, attendees must pass a 40-questions, 60-minutes, multiple-choice exam. The passing score is 55% or 22 out of 40 questions must be correct. A Pearson Vue exam voucher is not included in the course fee.
TOGAF Foundation Certification can be valuable to teams because it:
- Demonstrates proven proficiency.
- Reflects professional and personal achievement.
- Offers greater recognition from peers.
- Builds self-esteem.
- Increases the likelihood of cooperation and buy-in.
Where can I book it?
Enterprise Architecture Level 1 with TOGAF® 9
Great presentation skills!TriangleJean-FrançoisSwift11/2015 Leuven
The instructor makes the difference!TriangleEric H.CARGILL08/2014 Leuven, Belgium
Syed did an excellent job of sending reminders and following up with me.TriangleNoura A.Injazat03/2013 Dubai, UAE
The instructor's practical experience helped a lot during the course.TriangleSarmad N.Ericsson12/2012 Dubai, UAE
Patrick is a great instructor with very good experiences and examples to share.TriangleDennis T.Oniryx10/2012 Leuven, Belgium
Patrick has excellent expertise in applying TOGAF in real-life companies.TriangleMarc V.KPN Group10/2012 Leuven, Belgium
The course was very useful. Now I understand the components of TOGAF. Well done!TriangleHamzeh A.NBK06/2012 Kuwait
Patrick was a champ! Despite having a cold he persevered and was fun!TriangleGaby T.American Express12/2011 Phoenix, AZ
Ron was great at accommodating additional attendees and was very nice to deal with.TriangleDeborrah B.American Express12/2011 Phoenix, AZ